Tuesday, April 21, 2015

sad/joyful news

We just got word Monday evening that my dad passed away at the age of 91.  It is sad news for those of us here on earth that will miss him so much but what joyful news also because we know that he is in a better place.  We know that he is with his savior in glory and what a wonderful reunion must be happening with him and my mom.  I can see them up there praising there Lord together and talking about all the kids and grandkids and even the great grandkids.  My dad lived a very full wonderful life here on earth.  He was a many of many talents and much love to give.  He was very generous with his time and loved and prayed for his family often.  I thank God that He gave me Jake Lucas for a dad.  I have learned much from him and mom and cannot thank them enough for the life that they gave me.  He was a man of faults as well but we all are.  More important he was a man that loved God and taught his kids to do the same.  Dad we love you and will miss you so much but thank God that you are in a better place and that you get to spend eternity with mom now.

No comments:

Post a Comment